Thursday, October 7, 2010

Daddy

I heard something absolutely profound the other day. Fathers want kids. Fathers don't need kids, but they want kids. More and more as I think about my heavenly Father, I realize that He wants me. Why in the world would he save something so disgusting, foul, ugly, miserable, etc. In some indescribable way, He found some beautiful in this ugly. He found Jesus. Scripture always reminds us that the joy of the Lord is our strength, but I never found that joy until I started to believe. I always believed that I was employed by"Now you're saved, go do my work! Rather "Make every effort to enter that rest."


Hebrews 4:11

11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

God really enjoys us. We are his children. He wanted us so bad that he would give up the one greatest treasure He owned to be a living sacrifice for many. 

Rest knowing this reality. Take that deep sigh. Go on. Take it. 

He desires us. When we understand the true character of His being, it get's easier to worship. When we know, understand, and believe how great He is,

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

He desires us every waking moment of our lives.



Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment