Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's Easy

"It's easier to do things for God rather than to trust Him."-Mary Park

It's insane how Satan uses what is ultimately good to blind us from Jesus. If Adam and Eve never bit into that fruit, Ignorance would truly be bliss.

I was talking to Mary about this guy that thinks life is about complete servitude to Christ. In a sense I guess it can be true if it was said correctly but it never was. The focus on this statement is not on Christ, but on the person. The scriptures tells us in Hebrews 4, "make every effort to enter that rest". Rest? WTF?! I'm supposed to be serving, I can't be relaxing.. No way is that really in the bible?

I don't think we give the Holy Spirit enough credit.

God is omniscient. He knows everything. He's the master planner who's planned everything since day one till the day I go home. Ephesians 2:10 "10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." 


As we live, we live by Faith. Christ lives in us. He is essentially doing all the work for us, in us, and through us. To me it's not a lifetime of servitude, but a lifetime of trusting. He knows what is Good. Because He is Good. Let us simply be and receive his love. As we continue to receive we will be able to give back. We have a God that will carry us even to the extent of our old age.



Isaiah 46

Gods of Babylon
 1 Bel bows down, Nebo stoops low;
       their idols are borne by beasts of burden.

       The images that are carried about are burdensome,
       a burden for the weary.
 2 They stoop and bow down together;
       unable to rescue the burden,
       they themselves go off into captivity.

 3 "Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
       all you who remain of the house of Israel,
       you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
       and have carried since your birth.

 4 Even to your old age and gray hairs
       I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
       I have made you and I will carry you;
       I will sustain you and I will rescue you.



When it's Him that's in control, His yoke is easy.

Remember.
Receive.
Rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment