Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Need

"My propensity for love is far greater than my ability to love."

I haven't heard or said that to myself in a long time, but it's something that's so true. I need love plain and simple. The devil is so fucking crafty at times. He made me believe that my life was destined for a life-time a servitude. "Love God with all YOUR heart!" Being treated as property. Ultimately a slave. Where's the joy in that? Satan's so convenient at times with his bullshit, but my real Father says "Andrew, I just want to enjoy You as my child. That is all." I still continue to fuck up, but what does He say to me after? "Andrew Your sins and lawless acts I will remember no more" (Hebrews 10:17) I'm pretty sure that God still see's my mess, but the extent of His love and grace is so great and wide that all He sees is perfection. All God sees is Jesus. He is completely satisfied, and proud of my being. He loves that I am one of His own. Forever.

As He enjoys me, I enjoy Him.
It's where I don't mind taking His dishes to the sink with a genuine smile or getting Him that glass of water when He's thirsty during dinner.

He's changed my mind
He's changed my heart
He's changed my life.

I abide.
I am loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment