Friday, October 8, 2010

Hypocrite

I truly believe that Christians are one of the most hypocritical people on this earth. I heard someone preach to a bunch of people, "I don't want to sound legalistic, but it's our actions and what we do that will lead people to Christ."

He will change our minds.
He will change our hearts.
He will change our life.

Nothing by our actions will lead people to Christ, because we are not perfect. What good have we done to lead people. It's ultimately Christ.


Matthew 16:17

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.


I don't want to completely blow this guys head out, because He definitely has a good heart. But if you don't want to sound legalistic, then don't sound legalistic. We become more "Christ like" as we continue to abide in the vine.


John 15:5

 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

He is the one that's changing us. His gospel is that powerful. All of our self-righteous works, God sees that as a dirty, filthy, disgusting, tampon.

Isaiah 64:6

 6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
       and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags
       we all shrivel up like a leaf,
       and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

According to scripture its not our acts that will lead us to Christ, But Christ who lead people to the Father. Share Jesus. 

(And to my readers, I never said we can do whatever we want. Thats for a different time.)

Trust Him. 
He has made us Good.
Become a vine hugger.

Believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment